Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Not so bad but my organizational skills could use some work

The morning was pretty good actually. Emily was very good and was a good "Mummy helper." However, my organizational skills, which I've definitely prided myself on with just one child, definitely need work now that a second has been added to the mix. It took me quite a while to throw all the crap together I needed, get the crap and the two children into the stroller and head to the library. After that it all went well. The only problems really were: Emily throwing a complete fit after I turned off Barney resulting in her second "time out" of the morning; the realization that Hope is going to have to be extremely adaptable starting next week when Emily is home full time.

The reality is that Hope is going to have to figure out how to have a morning nap on the go. So far the morning is her toughest time for getting to sleep. This will coincide with the time that Emily needs activity (as we can't spend every day, all day, at home). Not sure how other parents do this but I'll have to poll my other stay-at-home mom friends and find out. Today was a difficult day for Hope and I am assuming it is because there was a lot of activity and her afternoon was also thrown off by a visit from a friend. I hope this doesn't mean that she will be needing a very strict routine because she just won't be able to get it in the morning. I figure she'll adapt though. She is only 3 weeks old so I have to expect some bumps at this point.

Damn cute that Hope, though.

No comments: