Saturday, December 09, 2006

Emily's magical kiss

During the pain of the cyst, John was pretty glum for a few days. Emily noticed and John's pain was starting to affect her - she was crying more, seeming to be scared of things that normally didn't bother her, that kind of thing. So, John started asking her to giving him a kiss to make his back feel better. Right after the kiss, he'd say "Oh, I feel so much better!" She loved this, of course.

Today I was supposed to take Emily to Kindermusik but the old 'roids are acting up again so I told her that John would take her instead because "Mummy's bum is sore." Emily said "Kiss, Mummy?" I took the kiss and then she said: "Mummy's bum all better! Kindermusik now!"

I want her to continue to think that her kisses are that magical. Because to me they are.

No comments: