Sunday, December 17, 2006

O Tannenbaum

Emily had her first experience decorating the tree. All the decorations she put on ended up in the middle bottom, as expected. Every day since (we put the tree up Friday) she has asked if we could take the decorations off and put them on again.




The nap happened the last two days when John put her down. Now it is me again and yet again she is up and resisting sleep. We made sure that she was outside this morning burning off energy but this clearly isn't the issue. Hmm, maybe a way to get out of being responsible for putting her down for naps over Christmas?

Last week, during our baking frenzy (which still continues - yesterday was Nanaimo Bars, today will be chocolate orange biscotti), I gave Emily a Christmas present a little early. I had decided months ago to make this for her when she started to help bake. Horrible picture of her, but a good one of the apron:



And finally, a new picture of Emily attempting to quietly get rid of the competition:

3 comments:

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Hi, I just found you through the "next blog" thingie up top; I'm a sucker for kid pics and stories, and yours certainly do not disappoint. Excellent record of Emily and the artist formerly known as #2. What can I say? I've been catching up. I pay attention :)

Karen said...

Hi Sognatrice. I'm glad you stopped by and I'm glad you like what I'm doing. Hey, if you like kid stories, this is the right place...

little b said...

Emily looks very proud of her apron. Great idea. I could have used her help during my baking spree last weekend. The payoff is coming though - neighbours just dropped off some reciprocal treats. That's the second neighbours to do so. I started a trend on our street!