Monday, December 18, 2006

Uh-oh

Last night was kind of crappy. The first pseudo-bad night that Hope has had in a while. "Bad" for Hope means an extra wake-up or being extra "grunty" while she sleeps. Last night had both of those bad boys. It continues today during her nap. It seems that she isn't willing to soothe herself back to sleep, last night or today. Instead, she wants boob. This could be a passing fancy, I'm hoping, or it could be a new realization on her part that if she fusses, I'll give boob. It's a bad habit for babies to develop because they tend to lose the ability then to put themselves back to sleep. I'm really hoping that it is a passing fancy and nothing more sinister than that.

I've also realized that t.v. + Emily = evil child. So, no more t.v. in the mornings. After one episode of (evil) Dora this morning, I had to put up with the whining, annoying, insane Emily that I am always thrilled to see go on her merry way. With the lack of t.v. lately, I haven't had to tame that beast too often. So, after it showed its ugly face this morning, I decided that t.v. is only going to be given as an option after her nap (which thankfully is indeed taking place right now).

Emily is announcing recently: "Emily tired." At least there's no guess work. Also, notice she still talks in the third person. I love it. My own private Jimmy.

Our neighbour, Kumar, just brought over a huge load of lebanese flat breads from his brother-in-law's bakery. Kumar is in the habit of bringing us the day-0lds once a week or so. Today is a new high in sheer volume. There has to be 30 or so pies there. Love that Kumar. I'll be reciprocating with some Christmas baking. Since we've eaten a lot of it, I better get back to that today. The biscotti still isn't made.

Some guys in Ottawa played a round of golf yesterday. In Ottawa. In December. Golf.

Maybe I'll take Emily to the beach later today.

No comments: