Wednesday, May 02, 2007

What's cooking Wednesday

Well, hey, look at this! Three posts in three days. Not bad for someone with no time on her hands, eh?

Let's get to it then. For this What's Cooking Wednesday, I made fish. My dad is visiting, which has been quite nice I must say, and he bought fish for us to have tonight. I needed something easy. I also wanted something with a lot of flavour (it being a white fish) and it had to be healthy as my dad has been very regimented about his eating the last 3 months or so (and man, does it show! What happened to the ole beer gut I knew so well?). This seemed to fit the bill and got some nice comments, too.

Fish in Foil Packet (thanks to Canadian Living)

This is for one person. Just prepare multiple packets for multiple people.

You need one fish fillet per person - a white fish of some kind. We used haddock. Grab a good size piece of tin foil (about 3 times the size of the fish fillet you have). Lay the fillet on top. Sprinkle on some white wine, some olive oil, some tarragon, salt and pepper, fresh lemon juice and then lay on some thinly sliced onion. Seal the packet by folding in the two ends and then rolling the sides closed.

Put all your packets on a cookie sheet and bake at 425 F for 10 minutes per inch of thickness of fish. So, if the average thickness is 1.5 inches, bake 15 minutes or so.

That's it!

Oh, and just for fun, Emily's favourite place to spend her time of late:

1 comment:

Shan said...

I am weird if I say that looks yummy even if I don't like fish? Mike really shouldn't eat it either just because of any cross contamination issues. Really wish I did like it though.