Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Mike Holmes, I'm not

For the past week we have had a decent sized puddle sitting in our laundry room. At first I thought it was coming from the washing machine. Nope. Maybe leaking from the pipes going to the laundry tub? Nope. Then I figured it must be the air conditioner. Nope. Next, I read on the InterWeb thingy, that water leakage from a furnace is a common problem. By process of elimination, I figured this must be it. Not being adept with furnaces (not even a tiny bit), I called a furnace repair place. For $95 they said they would come over and do a "diagnostic." Turns out this was a fair price compared to some of the other companies I called.

Greg the furnace repair guy came over this afternoon. After all of 5 minutes in the basement, he called me down and very nicely pointed to the tap on the laundry tub. I looked a little more closely and saw a distinct drip, drip, drip running over the back of the tub and feeding the expanding puddle on the floor.

Amazing what $95 and a little ineptitude can get you these days.

1 comment:

Shan said...

Oh Karen that really sucks, but I guess that's still better than a costly furnace repair.