Wednesday, October 24, 2007

What's cooking Wednesday

I tried a new recipe tonight; it was a slow-cooker recipe. Unfortunately, I put it in the slow cooker at 2:30 and it wasn't done until about 7:30. We ate leftovers, which were good but since it's a recipe that has been posted here before, well, you'll all be getting my slow cooker recipe tomorrow when we eat the pot roast.

Hope has a cold. I hate it when Hope has a cold. It translates to less sleep for me, especially after the powers that be have declared kiddie cold medicine the next death trap. I now see that it made a difference because when I gave it to her in the past it meant she could breathe while she slept. Without it she makes gurgling noises with her nose. Her mattress is now propped up with towels. I hope this gets her and me a few extra hours of sleep tonight. I'm hopeful but not optimistic.

Night all.

2 comments:

Shan said...

Hope you can get some sleep tonight Karen!

Family Adventure said...

Those wee colds are tough! I hope she kicks it soon. You could try nose spray (saline), but if your girl is anything like my boys, that's not an option!

Good luck and hope you both get a bit of shut-eye.

- Heidi