Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Don't blink

I realized tonight that next week is my last class. I can't believe my first foray back into a university classroom is almost over. I also can't believe I only have one week to prepare for the final quiz (I swear I thought I had more time!). This week will be, in a word, ugly.

Getting winter tires put on in this city is turning out to be a bit of a pickle, a little like trying to get my hands on the holy grail, something of a pain in the ass. Apparently everyone in the city is after the same thing. I figured it would be busy but I had arranged with Rose (my mother-in-law who is visiting this week) to look after the kids this morning while I got it done. I took Emily's car seat out of the car, folded down the seat, carried the four (large) snow tires with wheels out of the garage, loaded them into the trunk, drove over to the tire place, found out that everyone in the waiting area had been waiting for over an hour, found out that one of their balancers (whatever that is) had just broken, left and went to do other errands, drove to their other location across town arriving around 10:30 am, was told they were booked the rest of the day and to come back at 8:00 am another day and leave the car for the day.

Phew.

So, I'll be hunting down that holy grail next week when my dad is here. Let's hope that the weather stays happy until then.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Let's hope that the weather stays happy until then." So much for Plan A... --J

PG said...

We had to line up at Canadian Tire for around 7:00 to get tires changed (this was two year ago).