Saturday, February 02, 2008

Digging out

After a relatively easy and mild January, we got dumped on again yesterday. It seems like we got more than we did in the big storm in December, but it could just be because there was still a decent amount leftover from before making the piles seem bigger.

To be honest, if I'm going to live in a winter city, I want it to seem like winter so I really like the occasional big snow storm, as long as the power stays on. We (or John) spent a good part of the morning shovelling.

Here he is post-shovel:



And the pile on its own, revelling in its own formidableness:

3 comments:

little b said...

I was wondering if you were getting snow yesterday when I saw on the news that there was a storm blowing across Ontario. Do you want to know how warm it is here today? 71F. You probably didn't want to know that. It is warmer than normal, but we're not complaining.

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Wow. That is just so much snow. But I guess you knew that ;)

Shan said...

We have a similar pile at the end of our driveway as well. Luckily we have a kind neighbour with a snowblower. I <3 him very much!