Sunday, August 09, 2009

MRI results etc

I am actually sitting in front of a real live desktop. I can blog without having to thumb out a post. It seems luxurious.

It's been a while since I've talked about what is going on with my health mystery. Last I talked of it, I gave you the low-down on having an MRI. I now have that results of that MRI and thankfully the only thing that it showed was some mild sinusitis. My neurologist's objective for the MRI was to rule out MS and the MRI indeed ruled it out. Thank God.

And then today I took the home-done Celiac test. Before I took the test (which I did exactly as the video showed), I was quite sure it would come out positive but something was inkling at me that it would be negative even though everything seemed to point in that direction.

My inkling was correct. The test was negative. No Celiac Disease.

Most people would be relieved. I wasn't. I wanted an answer. I have joint pain in my wrists every day. I still get tingling in my foot and toes and my skull and now my chin. My fatigue is still pretty severe. When it is at its worst, my eyesight isn't great. My colon seems settled thankfully. I still get pain around my liver area. In general, it sucks and there is currently no one working to find out what is causing it and no plan in place for me.

And so, as mentioned many times before, I will finally be calling in favours from my friend Andrew, surgeon extraordinaire in Toronto. I hope, hope, hope to have an answer. I'm really tired of feeling like this.

I still do wonder if it is food related in some way. The only time in the last six months when I've felt well was a period of about 3 days when I was on a very restricted diet and lots of herbs and supplements under the care of my naturopath in Ottawa. I'm thinking of doing that again... via email with her. At least that would allow me to think that something was being done. And at the very least, my body would be getting better nutrition and supplements.

Ugh. Not the best news to hear on the hottest day of the summer in an un-air-conditioned house. Grumpy all around.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Hey K. As Marty read the post to me I said "Oh crap." when he read that you didn't have celiac. For the same reasons your are slightly disappointed. It would have been nice to know what the issue was. I hope you can figure something out and have someone working with you while you are down there.

Pam said...

Glad to hear you are asking your friend for some assistance. This mystery needs more help than Huckleberry and his busytown gang have provided so far.

H Munro said...

What about fibromyalgia?

Fibromyalgia is characterized by chronic widespread pain and tenderness. The pain of fibromyalgia may be unpredictable. You may feel pain that can affect different parts of your body, and the pain may feel worse on some days than others

Just a guess, there was a commercial on the other day and I thought of you?